Monday 14 March 2011

Going the distance ..........

Welcome back blog fans, it has been a little longer than usual since my last update, but I promise things will get more frequest as we enter the last five weeks of training before the big day on the 17th April.

Five weeks / 34 days  / 816 hours / 48,960 mins however you look at it, not far away now!

Training stepped up over the last week or so culminating in a 17 mile run yesterday, time was not exactly what I was after, in fact 10 mins slower than my ideal target but still 2 hours 24 mins for 17 miles is not bad at all and at that pace is still a 3 hours 42 min marathon so given the adrenelin boost  and "crowd" time I think I am on track for my target time.

This is the route I took



Another addition to my training was the pruchase of a new pair of running shoes, took the old ones into the London Marathon Store and was fittend for a nice new pair of Saucony Progrid 3

The man told me they would help me run "well fast innit" so I was pretty pleased with those.

So really it is all about stying injury free for the remaining few weeks, training distance goes one stage further this weekend where I plan on a 22 miler !

Until next time stay fit and when you are resting with your feet up thinking about how crazy I am to be doing this, please fire up the laptop, have a read of my blog and then dive off to my justgiving page and perhaps donate a few quid to a worthy cause.


http://www.justgiving.com/mrdoylesmarathon

Thanks

Richard

Total Training Miles: 165 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment