Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Progression is an obsession .........

A few updates since the last post, Friday saw a shorter 4 mile run but again at a descent pace.

The weekend was spent talking to builders and then off to Oxfordshire for a visit for dinner.

So we arrived at a new week and time to step up the distances, last night I went out with the intention of a 7 mile run and aiming for a finish time of around 54 mins. I came back and checked the clock, was disappointed to see it had taken me 64 mins, I put it down to the wind and the inclines. I checked my distance today using www.mapmyrun.com and found that I had in fact run 8.4 miles and so the average pace was 7min 45 sec per mile which is exactly where I need to be.

Now feeling a lot happier I went out today for a 5 mile run, not quite as quick but the legs were heavy but still a respectable 40 mins.

Tomorrow sees a day off of the running and some time in the gym for stretching and working out a few other muscles before the big two lap run on Thursday lunchtime. Two laps of Regents Park bringing a total distance of approx 7.5 miles.

I will be reminding people a bit more frequently about the possibility of sponsoring me for the Marathon, watch this space ............

Oh and the charity I am running for are going to issue a press release to the local papers and include a picture of me in my stunning pink charity t-shirt, I will make sure it is posted here first!

Richard

Total Training Miles: 83.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a Good week keep up the good work include some cardio type body weight circuits in your gym work

    ReplyDelete